Grinding fresh whole bean coffee immediately before brewing is the first step to achieving the best tasting coffee at home. Ground coffee interacts with the air around it and, within hours, loses a great deal of flavor and aroma. The longer the ground coffee is exposed to air the more flavor is lost and the rich, full-bodied taste of the coffee cannot be obtained.
Capresso’s conical burrs are produced as matched pairs and are hand assembled in Switzerland for precise fit. Computer-controlled, special grinding heads cut the angles and shapes of the steel burrs to within 0.1 mm precision (1/250 of one inch). The multiple gear motor produces the slowest grinding action (< 450 rpm) for the highest precision grinding from Turkish fine to percolator coarse.
- Extremely wide grinding range from ultra-fine Turkish to coarse for all kinds of coffee preparation
- Commercial-grade solid conical steel burrs with advanced cutting design for high precision grinding
- 16 clearly marked fineness settings with four levels for each: extra fine, fine, regular and coarse
- Gear reduction motor grinds slow with reduced noise and little static build-up
- Slowest grinding speed in its class creates less friction and heat buildup preserving maximum aroma and flavor for all grind settings
- Safety lock system for safe operation during and after use; auto off when bean container is not locked
- Upper conical burr is removable for easy cleaning
- Tight-fitting ground coffee container holds up to 4 oz of ground coffee
- See-through bean container holds up to 8.8 oz of beans
- Timer can be set to grind from 5 to 60 seconds
- Pulse grinding
- Elegant, timeless and user friendly design
ABS plastic housing with stainless finish